Hebrew: שי כרמי
My profile at the faculty website
- 2011-2015 Post-doctoral scientist, Department of Computer Science, Columbia University. Mentor: Prof. Itsik Pe’er.
- 2010-2011 Post-doctoral fellow, Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar-Ilan University, Israel. Mentor: Dr. Erez Levanon.
- 2005-2010 M.Sc. and Ph.D., Physics , Bar-Ilan University, Israel. Advisor: Prof. Shlomo Havlin.
- 2002-2005 B.Sc., Physics and Computer Science, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
- Bar-Ilan dean’s list (4x), rector’s list
- Wolf foundation (2x)
- Adams fellowship
- Human Frontier Science Program Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Alon fellowship (declined)
- TheMarker Magazine 40 most promising under 40 (link)
- Israel Science Foundation (ISF) (link)
- German Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development (GIF) (link)
- Abisch-Frenkel Foundation
- National Institutes of Health (sub-award with Alon Keinan)
- RNA and DNA editing in mammalian genomes (computational biology, with Prof. Erez Levanon).
- Functionals of anomalous diffusion trajectories (statistical mechanics, with Prof. Eli Barkai).
- RNA processing in the Sleeping Sickness agent, Trypanosoma brucei (computational biology, with Prof. Shulamit Michaeli).
- Kinetic theory of protein-RNA interactions (biophysics, with Prof. Yaron Shav-Tal).
- Analysis of large-scale networks such as the Internet and protein interaction networks.
- Transport in random networks: percolation, diffusion, electrical conductance, flow, navigation, and disease spreading.
Selected talks and posters
- Two-locus models of the coalescent with recombination (talk; 2016)
- The Time and Place of European Gene Flow into Ashkenazi Jews (talk; 2016)
- Sequencing an Ashkenazi Jewish Reference Cohort for Medical Genetics and Implications for Ashkenazi History (talk; 2014-2015)
- Genomic Segment Sharing: Theory and Demographic Inference (talk; 2014-2015)
- A Renewal Theory Approach to IBD Sharing (poster; 2014)
- Fractional Feynman-Kac equation for anomalous diusion functionals (talk; 2011)
- Large scale DNA editing of retrotransposons accelerates mammalian genome evolution (talk; 2010)
- Navigation with local information (talk; 2009)
- The energy landscape network of supercooled liquids (talk; 2009)